PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow North Sea
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2001, 02:33
thechopper

Exclamation

Speedwing,
I must say, that, with (probably) 8 years left in this volatile industry of ours ,I am not too concerned about the long term prospect. If the oil price goes up by 300%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the profits reach obscene !!!!!!!!!!!!!! levels , I don't feel embarrased by asking for a 50% payrise not over years , but now. Just like Standby - vessels, drill-rigs or consultants, we are an essential part of an industry, which in our part of the world is declining. So the demand dictates the price.
Do you see any chance of working for any period of time abroad as a pilot? Unless you strike a speial deal with management and they provide a house for you in the Faroes if you are prepared to crew a contract.
The empire died some years ago.
If we give them time to reach the next inevitable slump we only hurt ourselves.
I hate to say that, because until very recently I saw quite a future for our industry, and thinking along the lines of US and THEM never occurred to me, but if management gives you a " Like it or shove it "
Attitude, that's what they can expect and get from their workforce. And I hope it's not only pilots, but engineers who think along the same lines, as they provide my tools on OUR ESSENTIAL JOB;
WITHOUT IT THE NORTHSEA STOPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!