PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow North Sea
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2001, 19:33
Speedwing

Exclamation

thechopper

You are right, we must go for it this year, but let's get a deal in where we increase over a number of years at a rate which will not put our companies in to a financial situation which may mean pilots numbers being cut just to pay those that remain. Get a deal agreed this year and we must be on to a winner! Or are you going to be one of those that only 50% will do at the cost of everyone else?

roundwego

I know that the bosses read this forum, but I am discussing nothing that hasn't already been heard around the crewrooms by our managers. It is nothing new to them, hence I put it on here. However, if it is seen to get support from those of you on here, then we may actually get somewhere! It would be nice to think that with so-called new management strategies and the hope of doing something to stop the exodus (soon to be mass?) of helicopter pilots to fixed-wing, they will consider a deal like this. In the end, it is of use to them because it will keep experience in the cockpit, and it is of use to the pilots because they can see a firm commitment from the companies that they are trying to do something.

[This message has been edited by Speedwing (edited 15 June 2001).]