PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzJet Flight Attendant recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2005, 01:06
Chris21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EAF122 - I really do empathise with you and what you have / are still going through with the whole European mess caused by one Paul Stoddart. Australia has very tough industrial relations laws and unions which do not allow companies in this country to simply not pay people because they do not feel like it - there is no way he would get away with that over here. I can speak from personal experience having worked for Ansett (look what happened there) and been made redundant from positions 3 times since.

Australian Aviation is also starved of opportunities for people wanting to get into the industry we have one major airline which will never be hiring full time or permanent Cabin Crew in the near future, two budget airlines and a collection of regional turbo prop operators that pay their staff on the poverty line - recruitment is cut throat. This is I think is why most Australians on this forum will constantly give you the positive and not see the negative or turn down an opportunity to work for OZJET.

I heard this morning that recently recruited Cabin Managers are being drafted by OZJET early and will commence training in the next two weeks for the CASA proving flights - which are happening sooner than everyone thinks.