PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Islamist Web Site Warns U.A.E. to Expel Non-Muslims
Old 26th Jul 2005, 23:09
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Well boys your usual anti-American prejudice shows itself in spades here.....contrary to what you think I have been to a few places about the world....and lived there at length....and not by benefit of the US Government.

I have been in the close company of King Hussein the father of the current King....taught Iraqi pilots from their VIP flight in days gone by....done the Pakistan,Jordan,Saudi, Bahrain, Somalia and Iran gigs as well.

If you think for a moment that Al Qaeda, or whatever you wish to call the current crop of Islamic terrorists, do not consider you a target.....your commonsense is lacking.

Whether you wish to admit or not....when it becomes the right thing to do....terrror attacks will happen in the places you live. You may be the best of friends with many fine people of the Islamic faith but when the terrorists select you...or your favorite restaurant for an attack....all that will mean nothing. If your friends are sitting there with you ...they join you as a target too.

I would imagine it will come as a surprise to you when it happens....if it happens...but no place is immune from this violence...not even he holy cities in Saudi (if you read the papers).

Sneer all you wish and put up your cutesy photos but while you do....jump over to the beheading videos....and consider those as well....that was not LA...and it was not Americans doing it. The victims were not just Americans either.

Its your head....bury it in the sand.

Me....I would consider developing a keen situational awareness of what is going on around me and consider what I am doing that might make me more vulnerable....and do something else that puts room between me and the potential targets.

That was my only point ....that a bit of awareness does not hurt.

If I shook up your comfy bit of life by suggesting some ugly truth....please do accept my apologies.