PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60
Thread: Age 60
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2005, 19:26
LHR Rain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone on this board seems to be smypathic to raising the retirement age past 60 which I have a huge problem with. Let me explain: study after study has shown that you will make the same money in your career no matter how long you work so you might as well take the money when you are younger and get out of the way for some younger pilots. Everyone knew the rules with regards to the retirement age when they signed up for this gig and now a select few want to change the rules in the twilight of their careers. That is ashame! Not everyone can work for Delta, Cathay, or BA but you work with the hand that was dealt you instead of changing horses midstream. Lets give France some credit here. They are standing up for the pilot industry and trying to protect the profession from further errosion. Haven't we had enough errosion in the last 10 yrs?
I suspect that most of the pilots that want the reitrement age raised have not had one wife and pretty much let ruined their finances on their own. The industry should not have to pay or be ruined by personal behavior or just bad luck. Keep the age where is belongs, where it has been for the last 40 yrs, and where it is safe for everyone!