PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines/China Airlines F/O, (update)-Merged Twice!.
Old 26th Jul 2005, 18:01
B737FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate everyones input about this. I have since turned down my interview for August at CAL. Simply to many complaints and people quoting about non upgrades etc. It would be stupid for me to leave my 737 job here to chase a type rating. To hard to try to do this with a family which is my situation. CAL have always being EXTREMELY proffesional to me and this was a hard choice.

International Trader,
I appreciate your honesty about the family situation and schooling. I appreciate all your comments.

To those who are carrying on good luck. As with the interview package they sent me it is straight forward from those I know who have gone and done it already. No technical questions just simply "Do you like Chinese people" "Do you mind working long flights with a younger chinese pilot with less experience then you have?" "What do you do to relax?" "Excelerated training are you used to and cappable of it?" They want to know if you can work with them for long hours at a time. The sim eval is based on a 737-800 or 747-400 which has been beat to death in this post. Normally 737 for non widebody type history. You will fly off RWY 05 in RTCP Chaing Kai Shek airport. Saiko 1Mike Departure. (Spelling is not acurate) lol. Into steep turns, stall recovery, vectored to an ILS 05. Takeoff visual circuit land on 05 again. Take off vectored VOR05 appr. Then takeoff V1 cut then 6-8 mile ILS on 05 to a landing.

This was in the package they sent me hope this helps for those going would have recieved this same thing so it wont help you.

I applied for the A340 F/O possition but I dont think that the interview or sim is any different for A340/B747.

Have fun.