PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eujet cease operations/Manston(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2005, 22:13
Lee-a-Roady Moor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, upon mature reflection, I really cannot see EUjet getting out of this, one way or another. There is no smoke without fire, and there is quite a lot of smoke on this occasion.

Even if they do manage to rise above the smoke, will people have the confidence to continue to book with them??

If there is any doubt as to the prospect of a flight operating on a particular date, then the more cautious may well choose to look / book elsewhere.

As I said previously, it will be a shame. Only a couple of days ago, I looked at the prospect of flying into Manston and onwards. It looked viable, seemed like a good option and passing through an airport with reduced "hassle" when compared with 'other' Airports, was looking very attractive indeed. Quick & easy passage seemed like a good option whilst maintaining adequate security.

Okay, so I didn't book this time, (it was only a option on this occasion), but the opportunity and potential was there. It will be a shame, but I fear the writing is on the wall.

I hope not, but, maybe, just maybe, I will be wrong, but we'll see.....

PS Any comment from Flap42......

PPS When EUjet cancelled the Glasgow/MSE route, they apparently offered full refunds for anybody who had booked for later in the year - will the same apply for pax who have booked for the next couple of days/weeks/months....?

PPPS Manston does have a lot going for it, but it will take time, and unfortunately a wad of cash. Reduced throughput (thus speedy passage), very reasonable parking charges, access to European ferries, etc. There have of course been other carriers who have tried, but with McGold**** there, his experience/knowledge of Ryanair should have been a huge help.