PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli Pacific in Queensland
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2005, 05:23
wishtobflying

Not enough $$$ ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Except for the time I abandoned the other guys to go and drool over the military helicopters (oh, yeah there was a couple of yellow and blue ones there as well ), I was at our stand the whole time, and didn't have a chance to go to any of the sessions.

I'm very reliably informed that the sessions were excellent, and with the people who were there as delegates there was some serious networking going on.

I think for the helicopter community, it was probably the best show I've ever been involved with. Nothing I've been to previously was so purely rotary focussed, and it made a difference.

There seemed to be a great lack of tyre-kickers as well. Maybe it was the level of attendance from the Defence contingent, but the overall quality of attendees seemed very high.

It seemed to me that the people that bothered to attend were intensely serious about getting ahead in their businesses, and were keen to make sure they are doing everything they can to have the "edge" that will get them more business (or just stay in business!).

I saw a lot of high-level interest for all exhibitors, us included.

Of course the first thing the Tiger pilots wanted to do was go out into the hills and trees ... "aaaahh, this airport stuff is boring, give me something interesting to fly near!"

I didn't end up with a final final programme, but this links to the Shephard one - if you couldn't find something in there that was worthwhile, you'd be in a pretty narrow field.

http://www.shephard.co.uk/Event_Conf...1-37d64043ec7a