PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC or 'Private'
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2005, 20:13
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry about that - I was short of time and all I could do was a cut and paste. Thanks, heliport for cutting the cr*p!

The flight isn't PT, but there is an undertaking on an AOC to operate any aircraft on it under PT conditions, so you might fall of that one.

The operator, or the person who, for the time being, has the management of the aircraft, in this case, is the person who leases the aircraft and pays the pilot (make sure you can prove it!).

Is the pilot only going to be flying one passenger, i.e. the person leasing the machine? If not, are the others paying anything?

The reason why nobody is stopping anything is because you can drive a coach and horses through the whole lot of it. Under JAR OPS, you can take up to 6 passengers before, during and after an aerial work flight. Since the UK has not officially asked for any exemptions from JAR OPS, I hold that it all applies and could possibly supercede the ANO, so if you make sure you do any of the following:

agriculture, construction, photography, surveying, observation and patrol, search and rescue, aerial advertising, etc.

you ought to be OK.

It's the "etc" bit in the definition of aerial work that is interesting!

Phil

PS I'm not a lawyer, but I do have a law degree