PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jessica Starmer - BALPA's view (Update - Appeal decision)
Old 24th Jul 2005, 17:50
Hansof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
electricjetjock

Why doesn't every one ask for 50% ? Why indeed ? We are numbers who turn up to do the job. The rostering programme would need a bigger disk and some more memory - not a big deal.

There may be a lot of benefits that BA offer that would make it uneconomic to allow it for all. I suspect these are being reduced - interesting equations.

The days of company loyalty are gone, largely due to the bean-counters' approach. So we can, if we are able, adjust work to suit us. If there isn't any work then we have a problem...unless we start our own business.

I suspect most people do not want the hassle of working for more than one organisation (if more than one engine is safer, perhaps more than one job is too?), of spending more time away from work on less money even if it is at home. Looking after the children - god forbid.

Jessica wants part-time, her husband doesn't. Or not yet. Good luck to the cake-eaters, I want to be one.