PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2005, 14:35
Ripley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To echopapa,

U mention u went thru the 1st interview 3 times yet no luck? Really that bad huh... did they ask u similar question for the 3 interviews?

U also mention u were from atc, what do u do in atc? why jump ship from atc to flying?

and to all,

I'm a 32+ (33 very soon) and have just submitted my application, keeping my fingers cross though.

A very big step for me as I'm consider "old" and have been earning a stable income and is married, am just worry about all the "chop chop" story I read thru out the entire thread. Not so much of not being selected (I'll be happy like hell of course if I do), but more about being "chop" if I am half way there... guess this is the risk I have to take.

Any senoir or already flying pilot care to give me some valuable advise? I long to fly an airplane and be part of SIA, but have to hold back on my expectation due to my age and the fear of losing my current "rice bowl' if I cannot make it midway. There's a conflict of thoughts about me even attempting, especially if I fail and cannot get my old job back (my current job pays ok and I enjoy it as well). Maybe my fear is uncalled for as I'm not even call up for anything. 1/4 life crisis I guess...

Nevertheless, all of u here and this site have been of great help to guys like me,
all the best to u guys and best of luck (to myself too).

Thanks in advance for the advice. Cheers.