PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2005, 13:28
FatboyTim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it makes u feel better weeman, I got in after not going to uni and working several DEAD END jobs including night shift in one of the worst petrol stations in Manchester, and a 2 year stint as a shuttle driver! The public service industry sucks eh? Who would even think about joining it!

Moral of the story ladies and gents, its not what you have on paper that makes you who u are. People here have come from a huge range of backgrounds, some guys had awesome well-paid jobs, some like myself had crappy jobs! The number of zeroes on the end of your last paycheck doesnt appear to determine your place on the course!

In addition to showing a certain capacity for learning (trust me it comes in handy for the ATPLs!) Personality, teamwork, the ability to get on well with others and a general positive spirit are often essential yet overlooked qualities for someone who wants to make it into the industry!

I can only assume that the minimum qualification requirements are a generic filter, a simple yes / no situation in which you either have the grades or not, if you have passed stage 1 with close to the minimum requirements, this doesnt put you at any disadvantage later in the selection process.