PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Further London Explosions
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2005, 10:44
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gorilla
what an apt name. A beast on the lower edge of the evolutionary chain, with a very limited intelligence and an inability to reason anything.
Only good at sitting in the woods and scratching their arses.

So Captain Fantastic (Gorilla), you think do you that you could pursue a suspect suicide bomber only 24 hours since previous bombings. Someone who refuses to stop when challenged, who then runs into an underground station onto a train, wearing a bulky coat, and there are pax on the train. You have seconds to act before this individual activates the suspect bomb. Your tactics are pin down arms apart and kill with a head shot (it prevents inadvertant detonation in the event of a chest shot). You are scared, youve now got 1 second as he falls on the floor. Sadly for the police, you gorilla are not there wearing your Captain Fantastic suit with your x-ray vision to see through his coat, and your amazing mind reading powers to understand why he keeps running. You knew he wasnt armed, Gorilla you have taken a step out of the woods, you are a genius, an exception to the rest of us mortals in the human race.

The tradgedy that comes out of this horrible but understandable mistake, is that we will crucify the police and in future they will not shoot, they will doubt themselves, they will not follow procedure and the next terrorist that sits on a train will activate their weapons. Imagine it Gorilla, sat on a tube with some terrorist who runs on chased by policemen. The terrorist sits next to you, you know this is going to be bad. The police say 'stop hands up', he ignores, he puts his hands inside the coat, the police say 'excuse me i say again please put your hands up, we are british and arnt really going to shoot you'. You are now thinking please shoot this mad ba****d, i want to see my family again. The police say, 'are you carrying a weapon underneath your coat', he says 'no - shukran' the police say 'ok thank you sir, sorry to bother you' and step off the train. Next thing Boom! What would your last thoughts be, perhaps'why didnt the police shoot him? But they the police werent sure enough to avoid a court case, imprisonment and loss of pension after the event. so best not to bother. If only they had your Captain Fantastic suit with x-ray vision and mind reading powers.

Angry you might be, but personal insults are not allowed, so you can have a couple of days off to think how to stay within the rules.