PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Trouble?
Thread: Virgin Trouble?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2005, 00:50
SLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's an interesting insight - it rather catches VS on the horns of a marketing dilemma, doesn't it? They can't really say "You must try VS, it's miles better than DJ".
True, but as two separate carriers serving two different markets - I can't imagine it's going to cause all that much of a conflict! It might just be that people who like travelling with Blue might fancy trying the full-service product - I don't know. I don't know how popular Blue is. Seems to be doing OK though.

No, this can't be true. Sir Richard Branson himself said that there's a BA/QF duopoly on the route to SYD, and that it was high time that there was some more competition! If he said it, it must be right ...
Agreed, however since that comment was made, the market has changed quite significantly. CX have introduced more services between HKG and SYD to compete, as have I believe QF. So the competition has hotted up a fair bit since then!! Time will tell I guess - but increased competition can only benefit the travelling public and I for one am hoping that it all turns out well!!

Cheers all