PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Told To Lift Its Game
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 22:15
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
No Kaptin M that's not what I'm saying. I thought long and hard about how to best express what I was trying to say and may not have succeeded.

Essentially, QF doesn't have the number of inbound services and rights to Singapore from various countries and ports that SQ has to make up the number of passengers required to justify multiple daily services to multiple European destinations.

The same is true of Malaysian into Kuala Lumpur, ANA or JAL into Narita and Cathay in Hong Kong. All of these airlines draw from a much larger pool of passengers in their home hub that want to get to Europe.

I'm simply trying to say the scarcity of people in Melbourne who want to get to say Vienna, doesn't justify a direct service by QANTAS but SQ or any of the other airlines can draw passengers inbound to Singapore or any other Asian hub you care to mention from a much broader base than QF can.

Sunfish has long had a bee in his bonnet regarding the Sydney-centric focus of QANTAS. The unfortunate reality that he is seemingly unable to accept (and I come from Melbourne btw Sunfish) is that Melbourne simply is unable to justify the number of services that Sunfish seems to think it deserves. And that's also a fact; one that Warren Truss will need to recognise also.