PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 22:10
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unsubstantiated rumour from a good source...and this really made me laugh:

The terminal re-development is many £millions OVER budget.

Must have been caused by eliminating the air conditioning and sticking plaster board up everywhere!

Seriously, if this is the case, goodness only knows what will happen next at Luton?

I have always been 100% behind Luton airport, but sadly I have seen enough as a fare paying passenger to realise that spending £millions does not alway equate to improved facilities.

I wont even venture to mention being double charged by NCP having paid in advance and then been charged a larger amount to leave the car park that I had paid in advance for and then having to justify a refund! And yes, I did use the same credit card!

Or the fact that on our way from NCP to the terminal when the OAT was +27, the bus driver could not get out of the car park due to a knackered barrier, nor could he turn the heater off on his bus! I would not have minded so much, but NCP charged me for 3 nights parking almost as much as Ryanair flying return to Shannon for the three of us!

Maybe NCP are charging me for a sauna en-route!

Hopefully, by the time I next fly the plaster board will have some paint on it, the air conditioning will work and the fire doors en-route to the gates will be easier to open with a push chair and not require force and the guys building the facilities will be more careful just where they leave thier equipment!