PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 20:23
rampboy767

The BY PMI wth 767-300 is still operating, the new pushback tug is designed to push 767, 757 and A321 aircraft, any smaller and the sher pins would brake under the pressure of the tug. BRS is a very profitable Station for S'air, i cant BY cancelling the PMI serivce since it comes from PMI and prob the flight b4 was to/from MAN not CWL which would prob be opearted by their 767-200 which is based at CWL. It would not suprise if S'air got a agreement wth the airport for a few years to be the sole agent. I think the BY 767 nxt summer will 3/4times a week compared to the weekly serivce at the mom, coz S'Air would buy the tug to push 767 jst once week so i think they know sumthing to buy a tug to use on A321, 757 which are normal at BRS and 767 like the BY. But its prob on more than jst a weekly serivce, they just would not justif buying other wise. I mean its took S'Air months to decide to bother buying a tug n bar for a 767 there must be more demand for it than most ppl know at the mom, coz they dont like spending money on equipment for the airport but keep it as profit for the company lol.