PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced Thresholds.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 17:10
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ac500u,

Sorry I did not see the now obvious clues as to the situation you seek information on. I assume from the available clues that this took place in some Carib. Island nation or other. So only the specific rules in effect for the country of registry of the aircraft, the issuing country of the licence held by the pilot and the country where this occurred should be considered when researching the possible specific charges against your friend. If it was a national aviation authority who accuses the pilot of violating a rule, they should provide the specific charge in due course. If a local airport official, perhaps they just seek a "fine" be paid for the transgression. This has only happened to me in Mexico but I have heard of this practice elsewhere as well. If this is a CAA inspector or equivilant, I would advise your friend to consult with an aviation experienced lawyer/barrister before proceeding further.

I wish your friend the best in resolving the matter. Would like to hear how it plays out.

Best regards,

Westhawk