PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 16:27
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that there's a Mi17 flying around on the Nigerian register now, with the callsign 5N-BGY. It's supposedly operated by or for NAMA but if you encounter it stay well clear as it seems the crew don't know anything about the standard operating procedures any of the operators use in Nigeria. It flies perfectly legally at whatever altitude it wants to in VMC, but it's not in accordance with what everyone else is doing. If anybody knows any of the crew of this machine, maybe they could suggest that the crews get a briefing from one of the operators around Port Harcourt as to what everybody else does.

Caverton were busy flying their Dauphin around Jigawa state last week. I wonder where they managed to find fuel? It was another gubernatorial trip. They sem to be picking up quite a bit of work for state governors. I see that their heliport and shuttle operation in Lagos have still not started. Maybe they're going to be doing it with their AS350 when it eventually arrives. I hear that it's all ready for them now in Portugal and the crew is there to collect it. I guess we'll hear it flying around in Lagos fairly shortly. It's supposed to be painted in MTN colors, but I don't know if it'll be operating for MTN.