PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tachi subject?
Thread: Tachi subject?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2005, 02:30
Bartholomew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tachi subject?

Recently, Tachi wrote in about the Viscounts shot down during the Zimbabwe "Liberation Struggle". I wasn't old enough to fully understandfully the effect of these violent acts when they happened, but after doing some reading on the matter, I shudder at the thought that he can still believe that these were "acts of war" as opposed to todays popularised "acts of terrorism". What justification is there in shooting survivors of an aircrash, caused by any means, let alone those who survive a crash caused by intentionally shooting an aircraft out of the sky with a SAM?

Proceeding chronologically... yes, Air Zimbabwe still has a fantastic safety record, but does B767-200ER really believe that flying for Spongebob is the best option for his career to follow right now? Surely, looking at his profile, being educated elsewhere would have opened his eyes to the fact that other airlines might be slightly more beneficial? ( Just ask Emily, she might have some guidance? )

Finally, Engineer first asked how we could "stop one (African) child dying every 3 seconds"... I don't even pretend to have an answer, as I don't believe there is a single answer. But I do believe (unless my education was seriously one-sided) that Africa as a whole, was seriously behind the drag curve when the first "white men" arrived. Two industrial revolutions, ships, guns, canons, the steam engine... vs.... no wheel, no written dialect, only the "who-can-kill-more-oppostion-than-the-other-wins" philosophy is recognised.... Is it any surprise that those who are in power now in Africa will do ANYTHING to stay there, regardless of who dies around them? So my solution is... ensure that Africa's political instruction follows that of the Western world. Two terms and you're out.... NO QUESTIONS! At least then the process of a whole new government creating a whole new corruption ring will have limited time in which to become entrenched...... and maybe then we won't ever have to witness the trashing of people's houses under the disguise of "creating a better future" whilst obliterating those who annoy us now.

In short, get rid of the dictators... once and for all.... if the country has oil or diamonds or gold... or beautiful unspoilt land.

Sorry to go political, just had to throw my 2-cents in. I still think that UM should go ahead and get the B737-800's, their -200's are looking seriously long in the tooth now. Not sure on the new Chinese variants... haven't had a ride in one of hem yet.

Any comments? Anyone, anywhere, if you have any views on how we should fix Zimbabwe, or Africa as a whole, let us know!

I just threw the first snow-ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bartholomew; 23rd Jul 2005 at 03:32.