PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official 'I hate BA crew thread'.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2005, 09:38
Bart O'Lynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TF,

The captain is the accountable manager in, law, on the aircraft when it is doors closed and despatched. The captain is usually (except Ba) the accountable manger for all aspects of the flight.Its not about telling you how to do your job, rather ensuring that the job is done properly, and people are accountable for their shortcomings. This authority is usually devolved to the senior for practicable purposes and then to the maincrew etc etc.. However the lawful instructions that you give out to passengers, (and all your authority in the cabin) has its legitimacy in being issued on BEHALF OF THE AIRCRAFT COMMANDER ,( not the csd,senior etc etc)who in turn is mandated through the air navigation order.

This break in the chain of command at BA is the problem as the cabin seem only answerable to themselves, or a like minded greater organism. A dangerous situation. For a further organic analogy or comparison. If you dont clean the mould in fridge it becomes wide spread and thus the norm. A fridge cant clean itself.

No need to get on your high horse about being told to do your jobs, but as an aside you are not qualified to tell us how to fly, or i'm sure you would,but I am completely upto speed as to how to do your job as an ex cabin crew member.

Additionally people have the same opinion of your company at concorde house, if TF signifies what i think it does.

on time is the only time