PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and attendance.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2005, 18:53
Speedpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's sackings through the back door
How many?
As far as I'm aware, and I'm very aware, there is yet to be a sacking through the EG300 process of "Attendance Management"

The whole process is aimed at the lazy b's that cost the company money by abusing sickness. Those genuine cases are dealt with on their own merit.
If you were to reach the final (possible dismissal) stage then your union would appeal on your behalf and providing you were a genuine case, the company , like any other company would look at adapting your role within the company to suit your abilities... if you are cabin or flight deck crew with recurring ear problems then they would have to consider offering you a ground job.. e.g training, recruitment or, heaven forbid, customer services, where you would grasp a pretty good insight into what the company is really about.
I agree, cabin crew sickness is different from ground staff sickness, and I too have always been of the belief that it is illegal for crew to operate with certain medical conditions. I'm not sure that even redfred is disputing that.
His post is aimed at skivers and the normal bickering that occurs on thes pages has kicked in. The majority of staff are honest, genuine, hard workers who, dare I say it, are proud of what they do day in and day out whether it's "glamourous" or not.
Somebody along the line stated that cabin crew "control the airline" well if any cabin crew believe that, knock it off now.
As a group, you are often a superior acting bunch of prima donnas, but as individuals, you are usually a great bunch of people with the obvious exceptions who spoil it and your image.