PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official 'I hate BA crew thread'.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2005, 14:58
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerrystinger I totally take on board your points re: BA service levels.

I started this topic in order to try and gain an understanding as to why some people are so anti BA to the point that they join cabin crew forums on attendance etc just to antagonise and insult us.

I guess as cabin crew we have little impact over what we actually provide in the cabin. Personally, I find it embarassing having to give the 'deli box' as the second service on a long sector such as LHR-SIN. However, that is what we have to work with. So I do my best to offer that deli box to each and every passenger with a smile and respect.

On 95% of flights that I have worked on we come around with juice and water in between services. Albeit if you happen to have your eyes closed when one of these rounds occur it may seem 'hours' before you see crew in the cabin when in reality this isn't true.

I know personally I give 110% on flights I work on. I don't think I am superior to anyone but I do think I have the best job in the world. I love it, and I like to think that it comes across in my attitude when working in the cabin. And I have to say I find most (not all) of my collegues share the same view.

We are not saying we are perfect and I am all for hearing when we fail to meet expectations, providing those expectations are real-world. But the constant negativeness towards us from people that have a personal grudge against BA or it's crews are just demoralising.

One of the great things about working for an airline is the ability to get cheap tickets on other airlines. I love to travel and use other airlines extensively. And I can say from a totally un-biased approach that we are at least 'in the middle'. There are airlines more consistant than us, but a hell of a lot more that are much worse.

As for SKYTRAX.....It states on it's website that it's 'awards' are based on the worlds BIGGEST passenger survey.

BA came 5th overall and achieved a 'four star' rating.