PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi pilots to call crewing at end of every duty day
Old 21st Jul 2005, 14:10
Red 69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it can be a big deal. If you're on a 0500 standby the next day then that gives you a report of up to 0700 if you're called at the start of duty. If you call in the night before then you can be 'got' for a duty reporting after your minimum rest which in all probability will be a damn sight earlier than 0700. Not only can that spoil your evening but your morning too! That to me is a definite reduction in lifestyle!

Why also do they always always always roster you to start on an early shift after leave? I always request a late start to recuperate after leave as it's generally a long haul break I've taken. I've never in the last 5 years started back on a late. Why? Because they want every last drop out of you they can, that's why! The downward trend of lifestyle and benefits continues. At least I have a couple of glimmers of light at the end of the tunnel.

Where are all the changes NT promised? Nowhere. It was nothing more than the usual hot air and empty promises we've come to expect.