PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official 'I hate BA crew thread'.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2005, 11:32
lesarcs1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, you're right, but people can only comment on their experiences.

I fly long haul economy regularly and have to admit (for various reasons) I always try to avoid BA.

With respect to cabin crew, on a recent flight from Barbados:

- All cabin crew (yes ALL, in economy anyway) treated the flight like some sort of teenage party - regularly blocking the aisles for 10 minutes at a time whilst they chatted up the groups of lads who had taken their eye.

- All cabin crew (ALL economy) offered only 1 drink to passengers for the flight - I was greeted with glares and frowns when I asked.

- No cabin crew slept on the flight, which is virtuous - however no passengers slept either due to the cackles of laughter and shouts coming from the galley.

- My girlfriend asked 3 seperate crew for a replacement headset as it only had one earpiece - all 3 suggested she could make do.

- A drink spilt in the galley was not mopped up for the entire flight - resulting in Diet Coke footprints up and down the aisle.

You are right - I'm sure this isn't representative of BA crew in general but I have never had this sort of experience with Virgin, SAA, American, Emirates or any other airline I have travelled on recently.