PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official 'I hate BA crew thread'.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2005, 10:19
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The official 'I hate BA crew thread'.

Dear All,

Well this one is for those of you who for some reason or another despise BA cabin crew. You feel the need to pop up in nearly every BA thread even if you have no idea of the issues being discussed, simply to take a sweeping swipe at BA cabin crew, their conditions, of the 'lowliness' of the job itself.

Simply have a look at threads like "BA and attendance", "crew allowences in Willie Walshes sights", "BA again" etc etc. In fact, ANY thread with "BA" in it. You will see the same users that pop in, with something un-related, negative and derogatory to say. They don't fly, and many of them admit to not even working for BA at all. But for reasons unknown, they can't help but take a sweeping swipe at ALL BA cabin crew.

Here are a few choice quotes:

"BA = Bloody awful? Crew with attitude and with no customer service training whatsoever"

"BA longhaul offers dire customer service, but the crew don't really care because they're all asleep...."resting" from what?

"I refer to simple things like being offered a drink more than once in a twelve hour flight"

"BA crews now frantically searching the dictionairies for the word customer"

Now, I am not going to be so naieve as to say that it is simply not possible to have a bad flight on BA, or to encounter a lazy crew member. But these sweeping, vague statements are not necessary.

If you are ever on a BA longhaul flight and all the crew are sleeping, please , demand to see the CSD at once as this is completely against company policy and DOES NOT HAPPEN. Likewise ,if you receive one drink on a twelve hour flight.

I am NOT saying that people shouldn't be entitled to their own opinion, or to post about their negative experiences. But please, if you have a complaint to be made, please be a little more specific. Is it really every BA flight you travel on that offers "dire service". Was it every one of the cabin crew on your flight that had "attitude".

Otherwise, and without being sarcastic, I would be seriously interested to know what makes you all so 'anti BA'.

And finally, take a look at the SKYTRAX website. Its URL is www.airlinequality.com. Check out the "passenger opinions" pages for hundred of people that have travelled with us. The posts are overwhelmingly positive.