PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now everyone can fly!!! or is it????
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2005, 04:55
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Well said bck2basic,

You are not the only one to suffer this fate from Scam Asia. This airline is just a front for a company that has no regard what so ever for its customers.

Check-in is generally a confused mess, why, because the staff at check in get paid peanuts and are therefore not really motivated.
They are short staffed and work lots of overtime. Most systems are manual not automised to save costs, at customers expense.(admin charge ect)
Check in staff are not well trained usually young and inexperienced and promoted at a great rate because of the high attrition rate. Scam Asia use the fallback system at KLIA to bypass the PCPS baggage handling system because they refuse to pay the RM0.90 that all other airlines pay for and use, at times your bags end up in the rubbish pile or are sent to the wrong baggage chutes. Scam Asia is definatly not a cradle to grave employer in this area.

Scam Asia provides cheap tickets, another scam. They calculate the load factors on each specific flight and have accurate statistics on the actual passengers carried on each flight, therefore they sell at 1.99 ect the known free space that would never otherwise be sold. So, when they advertise 500,000 cheap seats the market should know that their revenue managament inventory system has alerted them to the fact that it is guranteed that 500,000 seats on their network will not be sold. So they dump these seats. During high demand periods such as Hari Raya, CNY or Christmas their fares will be very high, no 1.99 here!
Overall their fares can be very high as compared to MAS supersavers ect but at least at MAS you get the service!!!!!!!

Scare Asia's flight delays are legendary, some flights never fly they are so delayed but they will tell you their dispatch reliability is 97%-98%. This is because if a flight is delayed it is then retimed and a retimed flight is not considered a delay, another scam. They also operate a 25minute turnaround this means pax & bags must be deplaned and boarded maintenence defects rectified and aircraft refuelled in this time frame. Well in my opinion things become very rushed and in aviation when things get rushed mistakes happen. So maintenence defects may be overlooked, not written up in the maintenence log or defered to the MEL (Minimum equipment list) when a few minutes more could have resulted in the condition being rectified. Due to large volumes of baggage and the short time frame your bags will be roughly handled & have more chance of being damaged. Pilots would not have the time to check weather and notams and would rush through checklists. This would be exacerbated if the flight was previously delayed and the crews were trying to get back on schedule. I always wondered if the flight attendants have the time to check the cabin for security/suspicious items.

With the price of Jet fuel where it is at the moment and the greed that prevails at the top, the only areas to cut costs would be wages & maintenence. I always wondered why the senior quality assurance maintenence manager resigned and I was told it was because he would not risk his career. I also wondered why so many DCA pilots joined, was it because of favours done! I also noticed that the place is full of ex rmaf pilots, I also noticed that the rmaf seem to have a lot of crashes as reported in the press.

In closing I would say that I would not put my family on Scare Asia or Scam Asia or whatever they call themselves and that there is a big difference between a LOW FARES AIRLINE & A LOW COST AIRLINE and that I think this is a CHEAP LOW COST AIRLINE.