PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle advertising overseas
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2005, 03:17
kavu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting back to the topic at hand.

I know Eagle are getting worried about the lack of quality pilots in NZ. The idea of cadets schemes is something that will need to be addressed by Air NZ at some stage. The problem is not going away.

Applicants from overseas are getting thinner and thinner. Ones from Europe probably won't want to come back and fly but then places like the Carribean (sp?) and Africa might have a few pilots looking to come back.

Eagle look for the professional pilot. Someone who will eventually move to the Right seat. At the moment the quality and experience of some pilots in NZ is quite low and Eagle has washed out a lot of pilots. The standard is very high, and yes a few bad eggs do get through.

Now - I don't necessarily agree with there policy but it's not for me to change it. I also think that some training schools really need to get there act together and approx the bigger operators and ask them but they require from their students. Set up multi-crew training, interview technique courses, CV writing etc. Talk to management and see if they can provide a person to talk to the pilots coming through about interviews. Finesse.

I know it's probably been said before but I have seen and heard about guys/gals falling to pieces in a interview. Why?

A typical question being. "What would you do if the Captain flew below DHA or DA without being visible on an approach?"

A person said "He would lean over and smack the Captain and take over".

Probably not the correct answer but these people are the ones that need help. More finesse. It's a professional job..... Look and Act Professional and don't lie to them, they know more than you!!!