PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF S/O's to Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2005, 02:52
petitfromage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scrubed (good name, I hope you were) IF you are with QF.....then its in fact your intolerable racist attitude that would prevent me from flying with QF.

2 of the most successful airlines in the world (and 2 of QFs most significant competitors)....CX and SQ have an enviable reputation and a significantly high number of Asian pilots. Explain that sherlock?

.........Or rather dont, I cant be bothered! Im with Titan on this.

As for statistics.......in part, you are correct, with some carriers. That said, China had its 1st fatal crash in 5yrs. Check out the size of Air China, China Southern & China Eastern. They fly the same hours per month that QF fly in a year.
Since youre a fan of statistics......an airline like QF would have to operate for 60yrs to produce that kind of statistic!

Then of course we could talk about QF never having a crash.........oh, we mean "never having crashed a jet" (To be fair to QF and others, it has been agreed, that when setting fatalities per RPK, the start date of the modern age is 1973)

Your link is to a very poor statistical database. The best one on the web is here: www.jacdec.de

www.jacdec.de/Qantas.htm
FOUNDED: 1920
HULL LOSSES: 13
FATALITIES: 29
LAST HULL LOSS: 25/08/1960

I by no means think these stats are perfect either....No statistics ever are!

Lastly, Im again with Titan.......Karma! Never say never and never boast about ones own safety record. Karma!

** Sorry guys for the thread creap but I cant tolerate racism and ignorance.