PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2005, 21:28
pinhammond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several comments about recent postings. It is not a Malaga based aircraft. It is actually LTN based operating a complex pattern. The timing ex malaga might be a problem. It only gets light in Winter at well after eight and much of the demand is well spread out from the immediate Malaga area. There is no public transport for an 0600 check-in.

Nevertheless there is no reason at all why they should not attract all the Spanish passengers they have indicated. Please remember that if you live in a hot climate it can be very attractive to visit a cool climate. I know the Costa del Sol well and know many Spanish people there who just love the rain and cool of Britain. Please remember that the HIghlands of Scotland are very attractive places for visitors.

Please also remember that Blackpool remains the most visited single resort in Europe. The number of visitor nights there overwhelms any other single resort in Europe. It is also a much better gateway for the Lake District than any other airport. I once used Blackpool airport and I was stunned by just how close it was to the centre of the resort. There is probably no other airport in Britain which is so convenient.

Good luck to Monarch. I use their scheduled services regularly and they have an excellent reputation in Spain.

I look forward to seeing them expand at all three airports that they have announced today.