PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF S/O's to Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2005, 08:47
QFinsider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep-the baby boomers will sell out everyone...

My sources tell me the committee have voted on it, with a couple of vocal opponenents....In fact the whole EBA has been passed by a majority of the committee. With no details available the only conditions my sources were able to tell me were that there will be a relocation allowance and then the training rates of pay apply.
Don't worry when I get a chance to vote I will vote NO..
Starting a new job, new aircraft, new culture in a new country, having moved family and possessions is a big ask. The training wages won't support the pilot, nor his family generating additional stress. Fine for the young fellas but anybody older with commitments etc will find it IMO a huge transition.

For those who don't know it is an extremely rigid society, even the smiles are strained. Freedom of thought is allowed (just) but don't you dare act..

The company understands self interest, it is a key plank in thier platform of divide and keep conquering... "I'm okay Jack" culture, where it doesn't interfere with me so it's okay. The funny thing is we at Q can protect those to follow. I too don't want a B scale, not becuase it doens't affect me but because if this thing slips through next are FO and then junior Captains. Whilst ultimately there is nothing to stop the company doing it now, they can move us where they like. IT IS HOW IT IS DONE It actually serves all of us to help us all.
The question comes down to fairness, equity and as in all things universal application. It isn't universally applied it is being used as an offset for the rest to get the magic 2.5% makes you sick really The other sad bit is that the mainline group is rumerated at a middle of the road rate, not overly high or low. 2.5% means nothing tell em to keep the money and see them in the IRC until it too is wound up.