PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 19th Jul 2005, 23:30
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
"Welcome back my friends to the thread that never ends, I'm so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."
variation of, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression: Part Two

It seems that any normal donations to charity get the recognition of perhaps a certificate of thanks. You see them in most company receptions from a whole host of deserving causes.

Personally, I would like the cost of producing and the sending out of these certificates to go back to the charity concerned, but they feel that they wish to thank donators.

Having been involved with a couple of charity donations recently, I was touched and humbled by the feeling of those wanting to say, "Thank You". Whether it is from just across town or from as far away as SE Asia, a certificate or letter of thanks touches you.
(I should thank them for motivating me to lose a stone!!)

As most donations, I assume, were direct to the charity of choice, GE wouldn't be thanking anyone anyway, especially noone here! In fact the only thanks any of us seemed to get was a closure of the website and a total turn off of anything GE.

However, is something about to kick off with the GE event? Is there a new team about to be built?
Well it would seem that the new GE team has started to raise some dosh for the latest venture. Having taken on board that sponsorship should be sought from some large companies, it would seem that a little success has been achieved.

Link to T-Mobile advert

Happy days!

SS