PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally i hit the road...
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 20:10
Ready2Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the experts:
I always look at the right skid and was told, it is the most difficult thing to do (maybe some of you can comment on that one?), but if i felt comfortable with it, i should continue to do so.
So, do you have any comments on this one?

Today we had some more wind than i was used to, because it has always been warm and calm. Did practice to hover with wind always changing between 8 and 10 knots, mostly hovering into the wind but also turning 180 deg left and experiencing what it means to hover with tailwind. Especially the turn is 'interesting' (i got a 'warning' before, though). Also, when taxi-hovering into the wind the effect of ETL comes much quicker (of course) than without any wind (well, we already knew it was like this, no? ).

Did pattern work too working on the approach and descent coming to a hover and setting it on the ground, lifting it again and down, and...

Well, it was different today and i felt it (hovering) was a bit more 'work' to do than before but nevertheless it was worth the time and still fun.

I used trim this time when flying to and back from the practicing airfield and it makes a remarkable difference with the wind.

Enough for today, tomorrow i'll try again.

Regards,
Ready2Fly