PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growbags on ground-tours?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 19:45
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Tonkatechie
The great thing with 'Banter' is when people BITE!
The other good thing is that it transgresses all social divides and is a great leveller - an invaluable management/crm tool in the cockpit.

For example, yesterday, I trashed one of my Boss' cars (Evo 8 MR FQ300), told him I f'd up - a tad different from my normal road transport. Do you think in the 5 hrs we spent in each other's company flying around England and Wales he mentioned it? Or, indeed, to the numerous employees of his Race Team, including the 'techies' (or Mechanics as they're called when an 'ology' isn't being awarded) whom, may I add have had the pleasure/honour to witness my flying first hand. I reckon over 140 employees/associates, from all walks of life, are now aware that I can't drive!

One of the texts received was from one of the pro drivers - simple banter - "Leave the driving to the experts, know your limits!!"

I now know the limits of my driving skills and my visa card but, honestly, have no regrets - as my family motto states:
"Live by the Pork Sword, Die by the Pork Sword".

I am just grateful he didn't give me the keys to some of the fast stuff!!

Tonkatechie - do you have a family motto?

Atleast, with this monkey, when you put him into space, he has the commonsense to try and stay there for as long as possible!!

Ok, I've been patient enough, why the effing 'ell do Stackers wear flying suits whilst sleeping down the back of the aircraft???

This results in a shortage of said article, to such an extent that the 'Daily' (good for dusting) has to use some of my old ones rather than buy them off some 'techie' at a carboot sale.