PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAM Flight Stories
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 16:39
Artas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a young trainee at LATCC I got a fam with A2K out of EGCC. It was with a great sense of excitement that we taxied out for our trip to GCLP that dark winters morning. The stars were shimmering as we took off into that cloudless december sky and as we headed south I could see the snow capped mountains of Snowdonia 20,000 feet below.
Next thing the pilot pressed a button on his autopilot, undid his top button, loosened the tie, feet up and breakfast out.
This set the tone for a very relaxing and enjoyable trip as we carried a party of OAPs off for some winter sun.
Anyway about halfway through the flight the co-pilot had gone to chat up one of the hosties out back and the pilot decided he needed a jimmy. So there I am in the cockpit of a 757, 200 pax behind me at 30,000 feet and Portugal below me. It was one of those "this is a bit wierd" moments in my life.
After landing, the pilot had to work out his fuel figures for the return trip so I stood by the door to be greeted by scores of old ladies saying "ey up Mabel, theyre getting younger every day" and "nice landing son".
Ah happy days