PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 13:09
Simon_Sez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My progress...

Hello all,

Started this topic quite awhile back when I was going through the process of applying to CTC. Unfortunately, Stage 3 was my lot and I was resigned to the fact that I would not become an "orange FO" anytime soon...not through the Wings scheme anyway!

However, hours and hours of research, bank meetings, visits to FTO's and even 6 months in full-time employment have come and gone and I am now a PPL holder and a few short months away from sitting Module 1 of the ATPL's with Bristol Groundschool.
I started down the modular route with The Pilot Training College of Ireland in January this year, giving myself 18 months 0-fATPL and am pleased to say I am still on course for that target.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that of not getting too down about being rejected by CTC. It is a fantastic course, providing superb opportunities for the wannabe airline pilot, but there are other ways of succeeding!

Good luck to everyone currently applying, relax, BE YOURSELF and enjoy every minute. You'll meet some great people along the way.

Regards,

Simon.