PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots wanted for kids’ charity flight
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 08:20
maxtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots wanted for kids’ charity flights from Beccles Suffolk

Appeal for help. I am trying to organise a series of short flights lasting about 30 mins, on Sunday 7th August, for 20 children visiting our area from Belarus. These kids are aged between 9 and 14 and all are suffering from the affects of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station disaster of over 19 years ago. All have some form of cancer including leukaemia and thyroid. The children visit this country every year for a month, which is thought, could extend their life expectancy for up to two years. At the moment I have two aircraft confirmed, a F-172 and a two seat Jodel. If we can get another two of three aircraft then getting all 20 airborne should not be a too difficult. However the more the merrier. With more aircraft we could take the children for an hours flight. All flights are to take place from Beccles in Suffolk. There will be no landing fees for all aircraft taking place in the charity flights. Airfield details can be found on the clubs website www.rainair.co.uk

Your help in this would be very much appreciated. I managed to take one little girl for a 1-hour flight last year. She had a great time.

Many thanks

Steve

Last edited by maxtech; 19th Jul 2005 at 12:37.