PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASCOT ops love or hate
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 07:29
DK338

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bu99er, hurumph, can't let this one go so yes I will bite.......

Whole reason I left the RAF was because of aircrew t0$$ers like Jock Tw@t and Grum Pieces.

When I was 'in' I loathed that condasending term 'Ops Clerks', in all my time in the RAF I never found a trade of 'Ops Clerk', plenty of AATC's/FOA's and OSM's/FOM's though.

I left the RAF I hating it and my job as the SNCO 'Ops Clerk' on a FJ Sqn doing a non job, 6 months down the line I now know that my 22 years in military aviation has been a monumental waste of time and effort. Thankfully now I am happily working as an Ops Controller for a cargo airline doing the job I should have been doing in the RAF in a far more challenging and rewarding environment the RAF could ever offer.

Don't slag off the peeps trying to do a job. Before you berate somebody have a hard look at the training and culture of your organisation and yourself too.

Train the Flt Ops troops properly, and by that I DO NOT mean a 3 day ITOC intro and then the standard RAF OJT numpty training package drawn up by an incompetent. Something meaningful like the FAA Flight Dispatchers licence would be a good starting point.

When you have self important and pompous aircrew hell bent on maintaining their status in concert with the morally and professionally corrupt ATC trade, who are responsible for training and development of FOA's and FOM's but choose to exclusively focus their energies on ATC, it's no wonder that people lack the tools they require to do the job and the motivation to succeed.

You're all a bunch of chisellers