PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mas Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 03:59
cruise_climber83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi fellow PPRUNE'ners

First of all congrats to you all who got called up by MAS !!! I myself is anxiously waiting for a call up however my application to MAS was handed in after March so I guess I got to wait for quite a while more.....However I do have a question with regards to the MAS recruitment criteria...where there is a requirement :

"Pass SPM or its equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian government with six (06) credits including Bahasa Malaysia and a minimum of B4/C4 in Mathematics, Physics or General Science and English taken at one sitting."

I don’t have SPM sadly however I have something that is equivalent to the 'O' level system which from what I got told is considered equivalent to the Malaysian SPM. But then how is it possible to have credits in Bahasa Malaysia???

Also having only limited understanding of Bahasa (Primary 3) I wouldn't have good if any command of Bahasa...

Is Bahasa a requirement by DCA for crew licensing?? Or is it because the training at MFA done in Malay??? Will this mean that I would not even be considered for an interview?? I meet all of the other requirements except these two….

Any feedback on this problem will be much appreciated....Thnkx!!

Happy Flying you all!!