PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pension Scheme
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2005, 21:52
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muff C

Sorry, but I really don't understand where that comment comes from, and I think you may be confused. You have to have a minimum 2 years of service (from your original date of joining) to establish an entitlement to most AFPS benefits (for example, an initial preserved pension value). That point is common to both the AFPS75 and AFPS05. I am completely unaware of any restriction on transfer to AFPS05 if you have served less than 2 years at the transfer date or have less than 2 years left to serve. As far as I understand it, the MoD gave the Parliamentary Select Committee on Defence an undertaking that all those personnel currently serving in AFPS75 at the transfer date would be eligible to elect to transfer to AFPS05 at that date if they so wished. If anyone knows different, I would be happy to hear from them.

Rej

You just noticed the gamble with AFPS05. Will you stay long enough to benefit a little, rather than potentially lose a lot? And of course, it all depends on the greatest unknown - how long you will survive in retirement.

Regards

Ginseng