PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2005, 21:47
rampboy767

Thats true but the lack of equipement which is a main problem in my job, is slowly going to be improved wth more steps and a new 767 pushback tug. But lack of equipment will not stop airlines opearting wide bodies at BRS coz its the airport that say yes but S'air say no coz they couldnt handle the aircraft i mean they got the stands and most ppl are now High Low trained on the Aer Lingus A320 and Britannia 767 so were getting use to continator aircraft. But BRS dont need load s of wide body planes coz couple more weekly charter serivces on the long haul sector.
If the airport had there way CO would opearte at 777 every saturday as they planned. When the route started on the first day the orginal 757 was tech and they wanted to use to B777 but S'air refused this on the lenght of rwy and the lack ground equipment i.e steps not going to the height of the 777. So they pulled another 757, CO use the same reg's 757 at BRS coz most of them are having the new winglets fitted which could use BRS but not park on stand2.