PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2005, 20:26
rampboy767

I work for S'Air at BRS as a Ramp agent and i see it all at work, load of the aircraft and i know how most routes are doing. Firsty CO is doing very well with a load factor between 70-80% on a daily basis, I did the CO turnround today came inbound wth about 95 bags and went outbound with about 140 bags. There is a rumour of CO opearting 767s on the route, also today after talking to ppl today i did here AA were looking at flying to BRS from Boston on a 757 like MAN. I think for summer 2006 First Choice could do long haul route or Britannia base a 763 for the summer. There's no new rumours about Gulf Air or Emirates. It's very busy at BRS at the mom, and us needing loads more new ground equipement like steps, gpu's and push back trucks.

You would prob not see the CO 757 with winglets at BRS coz co always use stand 2 which is up to 757 size aircraft, but with winglets it would extend on to the interclean road way between the stands. But it could go on stand 27 on whisty like the 767 would on 26S. I think the only CO 767 they would use would be 762 as there 767-400 would be a bit long, but it would land and take off from BRS\'s rwy. The CO aircraft is OTT when it comes to procenures like chocking, wingwalking and and the security around the aircraft. Any one know any new routes for 2006?