PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Judas Balpa CC at EZY!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2005, 17:35
GoodShipLollipop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Judas was allegedly the CC rep from Liverpool. It is curious that many of the Balpa pilots seem to think his behavior acceptable, but may be I am just being old fashioned.

Back in 1998/99 easyJet were calculating sector pay for pilots based on an average of 438 sectors per year, but by the year 2000 this had crept up to an average of 470 sectors per year. Now it is something like 600 per annum in order that the company can get their 900 hours per year that they want out of each pilot. Now I know that some of the Balpa defenders are going to say words to the effect, "You see, without Balpa representing you, the terms and conditions would be much worse at easyJet...." but my question to them is, "How much worse could it be?!" We are already working 900 hours per year as it is and for good measure Balpa have negotiated away our loyalty bonus in favour of a profit bonus, another con.

Add this to the negotiating away of the week's leave per year for some mythical good deal about extra guaranteed days off and you can see why the pilots won't join Balpa. Believe me guys, it does not get much worse than this. The only reason why some of us stay with the company is the money which is ample, but money ain't everything and I have not free time to spend it, i am always getting up at 4.30 in the morning to go to work it seems. Shortly I will voting with my feet like so many of our former colleagues, just have to find the right job first.