PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and attendance.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2005, 13:56
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because Redfred,
If we go sick with just one of these incidents it is considered part of our "allowance" of sick days and as a result, our entire sick record gets pulled and reviewed by the company with our permanent record under threat of becoming foul, they will refuse to review each incident as it happens!

But in a nutshell BA are trying to impress a "one size fits all" catergory onto the EG300. What is an unacceptable reason for groundstaff could be a very valid reason for cabin crew but BA refuse to see it this way!!! And anyways, If I came to work with a serious case of the s&%ts would you want me putting my hands all over your breadrolls, displaying the food on the plate in First or handing your children their Kiddies meal trays??? NO, I dont think you would want that!!!

A number of years ago I woke up fine and healthy, went to work and as I checked in I found I had slight sniffles. I really did not think of it at the time and still reported fit for the flight....3 hours later I was being stretchered off the aircraft with a burst eardrum!!!