PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caladonian Airborne... Truth in the rumour?
Old 8th Feb 2002, 22:08
HeliEng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chopperpunter,

I feel that I have to make some response to your comments.

I work for the company in question, and have only worked for them a short time (i.e: Was not with Bond/BIH), and as my alias suggests I am part of the engineering team.

I think that it is a great shame that you feel this way about the service that is being provided for you, and I don't think that it is right you feel this way.

I can obviously only speak from what I have seen/experienced, and this will only be from an engineering point of view, and possibly a little blunt.

Day-to-day engineers are busting their butts to minimise delays as much as possible. Every delay that is down to us, we have to justify. Likewise with other departments (ops, frieght etc..)

Taking today as an example, out of about a dozen delays, ONE was an engineering delay, and caused a delay of a maximum of 10 minutes. (I am just taking this as an example, as I can still remember it!!!)

I don't know how you guys are treated in the terminal, or what you are told when delays occur, but from my perspective, we (engineering) are not THAT MUCH to blame. (No doubt Coalface will disagree with me!!!)

The terminal that we are operating out of at the moment, simply isn't big enough for the amount of flights and quantity of passengers that we have.

When the NEW terminal is completed on the West side of the airport, it will be bigger and more suitable to cope with the volume of passengers.

Not going to bore you anymore, but that is what I see and how I feel.

"Some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue!"