PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caladonian Airborne... Truth in the rumour?
Old 8th Feb 2002, 15:08
chopperpunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an offshore traveller of many years, I can confirm the previous posts comment. The helicopter service we get today is worse than it has been for many years. The merger of British international and Bond has been a disaster. I have regularly used Bristow in the past but the contract was latterly given to Bond. Generally, both companies provided a good service. The check in was always friendly and you were treated as a human being. The flights were almost always on time and the pilots always seemed to care about keeping the passengers informed with what was going on if there was any change to the flight. Nowadays we are treated like cattle. The staff are obviously working under a lot of pressure and flights always seem to be late. There also seems to be a lot more break-downs. I am told that most of the ex Bond management have been given the push and it is the old British International people that are running the show. If this is the case, then good luck to bond if they are coming back to compete because it is about time the service levels were brought back up to what they were like before.

PS I am new to this and as a non pilot I was suprised to get access to this BB but there is a lot of interesting info here. Well done to the administrators for providing such a good BB and also to the contributers.