PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dallas (DFW) weather
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2005, 04:59
Scott Voigt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi PB;

I'm one of those folks who is lucky enough to deal with the TRW+'s in the DFW area... With thunderstorms we just operate with the routes that we have as long as we can. When two pilots decide that they can not fly a route we then stop using the route. In DFW's case, we have four routes that go out each side of the approach airspace. We also have three arrival routes that come in the corners. When they can't remain on them, we start routing them onto other routes and start putting in trail restrictioins due to the aircraft also wanting to normally deviate around the weather that is out there.

A month ago we were pretty much thunderstorm free in the east and south sides, but the last few weeks we are making up for some of the lost rain that we were suffering all spring. We didn't get any major thunderstorms in the metro area but the east and south side of the airspace (enroute) was just plain crazy today. I am one pooped controller <G>... I wish that I could upload a photo of what it looked like today...

regards

Scott