PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Close Call At RIAT
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2005, 15:12
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
LO,

Do I know you? Are you referring to my Bulldog routine (I thought it inspired, and da judge almost agreed - 'Insiperd?' 'Insipid?' I think he said, something like that), or my equally impressive Chipmunk sequence? Or are you referring to the proximity of the twigs and branches, and recalling Blaniks?

Either way, surely to God it wasn't bad enough for you to remember 20 years on? Was it?

I need a beer to cry into now.....

Tigs,

Loosen up, old boy. Only Flap 62 and Senga made anything approaching criticism of the pilot, while Ali Barber\'s red card comment is what usually happens - regardless of whether any blame is attached - on a \'better safe than sorry\' basis. Many others on this thread have offered or inferred support, admiration or praise for Matt, and deservedly so.

I don\'t see much evidence of anyone feeling anything but:

a) Profound relief that a popular bloke got away with it safely.

b) That he\'s a lucky bloke, and one who didn\'t do anything that any of us might not do one day, when we fly. He probably learned invaluable lessons himself from an incident that will also help all of us who fly (even in the humblest form) in the future by providing something to think about, whether or not we\'ve ever flown a fast jet, let alone displayed one.

c) That this is an interesting, spectatcular incident with flight safety implications in which no-one was hurt, and which we can think and talk about without the risk of upsetting grieving relatives or being accused of ghoulishness.

d) That the incident demonstrated that the safety limits do save lives.