PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2005, 13:42
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 205 Likes on 73 Posts
It would work IF the tickets weren't seemingly always North of £600.

I'd pay a small premium to fly out of BRS and avoid the whole LHR/M25 hassle. But not when you have your pick of good airlines out of LHR for £300 less per person.

The route IS subsidised because I bet £1.5m given for infrastructure improvements was going to be spent anyway and effectively therefore its a handout to the airport which can then pass it on to the Operator via means of a 'commercially confidential' range of fees and charges. Its just how these things work and may well be in the interest of the local area in the long run. The council can't just give Continental £1,500,000 put they can wash it to them by means of a third party.

'Tis the way of the commercial world.

I think daily's too much. Every other day and share it with Cardiff... And its not really I viable link for London until it gets either a rail spur to Temple Meads or a Dual Carriageway to it. And it never will.

I can't see Hank and Martha hunched up on the Bristol Flyer Rail Station shuttle bus for 40mins with a months worth of bags sat at the lights in the rough end of Bristol; somehow.

Cheers