PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lydd Refuse to Honour Wx Diversions
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2005, 12:45
Stampe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are lucky to have Lydd there at all and especially a rapidly improving airfield as it is at present.It survives by charging what I consider to be reasonable fees for the service provided in its location and with relatively low utilisation.I never let the cost of a diversion cloud my judgement if such a decision needs to be made.I guess we are all paying well over £100 per hour for our flying in one form or another,is £20 that much of an issue especially to such a worthy cause.Remember the guy who bleated about Lutons fees on diversion yet could afford to pole around in a twin,didn,t get my sympathy vote.LeTouquet is not a cheap landing if I remember rightly and Headcorn is nearly as expensive as Lydd for my aircraft (mtow669Kgs).Lets give Lydd a break and hope it survives.Maybe more of an issue in this area is the ATC unit at Manston who recently refused to accept a diversion from over the channel in very poor weather and obviously in some stress,the badly shaken pilot eventually made it into Rochester.